Bible Study Course
The Christian's Armor
Welcome to Book 7 in the Practical Christian Living series of the Liberty Bible Course. This booklet deals with the Christians armor. This study is written to be used with the King James version of the Bible, otherwise your answers are going to be incorrect. Please get your Bible, and begin another exciting study in Gods Word, that just might change your life!
Note: When we repent of our sins and receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, we have three instant enemies the world, the flesh, and the devil. Do not take these three enemies lightly, because they are all very powerful.
1. 1 Corinthians 10:12 says, Wherefore let him that thinketh he ________________ take heed lest he ________.
Note: In the strength of our own flesh, we are no match for these enemies. That is why we need some armor.
2. Matthew 26:41 says,
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into ____________________: the spirit indeed is
______________, but the flesh is ________.
3. Romans 7:18 says, For I know that in me (that is, in my __________,) dwelleth ____ good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
4. Romans 7:21 says, I find then a law, that, when I would do good, ________ is present with me.
As long as you are alive, you are going to face this battle - age does not remove it.
5. Genesis 17:1 shows us the
truth of this. Notice Abrams age when God tells him to stay in the battle and keep
doing the right thing. And when Abram was ____________ years old and ________, the
LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be
6. 1 John 2:15-17 says, Love not the __________, neither the ____________ that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the __________, and the lust of the ________, and the pride of ________, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
Note: The young person in school feels the pressure to conform to the other students. The man at work feels pressured to conform to the workers around him. The woman at home feels pressured to conform to the ladies around her. No matter what age you are, you cannot escape this pressure to conform.
7. Proverbs 13:20 says,
He that walketh with wise men shall be ________: but a companion of fools shall be
8. Proverbs 1:10 says, My son, if sinners ____________ thee, consent thou ______.
9. Romans 12:2 says, And be not __________________ to this world: but be ye _______________________ by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
That verse is talking about reading Gods Word, the Bible.
You will need to read and mediate in it every day, because you have a constant enemy.
10. 1 Peter 5:8,
9 says, Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the __________, as a roaring
lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may ____________. Whom resist stedfast in the
__________, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are
in the world.
11. Romans 10:17 tells us where to get that faith to resist the devil. So then __________ cometh by hearing, and hearing by the ________ of God.
Note: The only place to get faith, is from reading or hearing Gods Word, the Bible.
I. Be Strong In The Lord.
A. By living in Him.
1. Please read Ephesians 6:10-18. Verse 10 says, Finally, my brethren, be ____________ in the ________, and in the power of his might.
There is no way to have the power to live for God, if you are still spiritually dead; that is, if you are not saved.
2. Romans 8:1 says,
"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are ____ Christ Jesus, who walk
not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."
3. John 1:12, 13 says, "But as many as ________________ him, to them gave he __________ to become the sons of God, even to them that ______________ on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."
Note: We must be brought to life, because we are born spiritually dead.
4. Ephesians 2:1 says,
And you hath he quickened, who were ________ in trespasses and ________.
5. Jesus said in John 3:3, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be ________ __________, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
6. Nicodemus did not understand what that meant. Verse 4 of that same chapter says, Nicodemus saith unto him, ______ can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the ____________ time into his mother's ________, and be born?
7. Jesus answered that in verses 5-7 of that same chapter. Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is __________; and that which is born of the Spirit is ____________. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Note: To be living in Christ, you must repent of your sin and place your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and in Him alone, to save you.
8. John 11:25, 26 says,
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that __________________
in me, though he were dead, yet shall he ________: And whosoever liveth and believeth in
me shall never die. Believest thou this?
9. Acts 3:19 says, ____________ ye therefore, and be __________________, that your ________ may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
Repentance is not you trying to clean up your own life that is self-reformation,
and that is doomed to fail. It is only the pure blood of the Lord Jesus Christ
that can cleanse you from all of your sin. True repentance causes you
to turn from your sin to Him, and Him alone, to save you.
10. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore if any man be ____ Christ, he is a ______ creature: old things are passed ________; behold, all things are become ______."
Note: Remember John 1:12, But as many as RECEIVED him, to them gave he POWER to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.
Be Strong In The Lord.
B. By learning of Him.
1. Matthew 11:28-30 says, Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and __________ of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find ________ unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Note: How or where do you learn about God?
2. 1 Corinthians 2:9 says, But as it is written, ______ hath not seen, nor ______ heard, neither have entered into the __________ of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
Note: To learn about God, we cannot just sit and daydream. The Bible tells us that we could never imagine how wonderful the things are which God has prepared for us. We learn about God as we read His Word, the Bible, and the Holy Spirit then gives us understanding of it.
3. Verses 10-13 of that same
chapter say, But God hath ________________ them unto us by his ____________: for the
Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things
of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no
man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the
spirit which is of God; that we might ________ the things that are freely __________ to us
of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but
which the Holy Ghost ________________; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
4. 2 Timothy 3:14, 15 says, But continue thou in the things which thou hast ______________ and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy ____________________, which are able to make thee ________ unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
5. Verses 16 and 17 of that same passage go on to say, All __________________ is given by inspiration of God, and is ____________________ for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
Note: As you read the Bible, you will learn that your true strength is in Jesus, and never in your self.
6. Matthew 28:18-20 says, And __________ came and spake unto them, saying, All __________ is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, __ am ________ you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Note: When God asked Moses to lead the children of Israel out of Egypt, Moses felt unable to handle such a task. Notice carefully what God said to him.
7. Exodus 3:10-12 says, Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt. And __________ said unto God, ______ am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt? And he said, Certainly __ will be ________ thee.
Notice that God said nothing about Moses low self esteem. God also did not brag on Moses to puff him up
thinking. God simply reminded Moses that He (God) was with him, and that is all that was
1. When we repent of our sins and receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, we have three instant enemies the __________, the __________, and the __________.
2. Matthew 26:41 says, Watch and pray, that ye enter not into ____________________: the spirit indeed is ______________, but the flesh is ________.
3. 1 Peter 5:8, 9 says, Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the __________, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may ____________. Whom resist stedfast in the __________, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
4. Ephesians 6:10 says, Finally, my brethren, be ____________ in the ________, and in the power of his might.
5. There is no way to have the power to live for God, if you are still spiritually dead; that is, if you are not __________.
6. To learn about God, we cannot just sit and daydream. The Bible tells us that we could never ______________ how wonderful the things are which God has prepared for us. We learn about God as we read His Word, the __________, and the Holy Spirit then gives us understanding of it.
7. As you read the Bible, you will learn that your true strength is in __________, and never in your ________.
Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Chapter 5 Final Test Liberty Bible Course Directory