Welcome to Book 5 in the Religious Groups series of the Liberty Bible Course. This booklet is Part 2 dealing with the religion of Islam. This study is written to be used with the King James Version of the Bible, otherwise your answers are going to be incorrect. Please get your Bible, and begin another exciting study in Gods Word, that just might change your life!
#8 - The Quran contradicts the Bible in the matter of the Person of Jesus Christ.
1. Matthew 16:13-17 says, When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man ____? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ____ that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the ____________, the ______ of the living ______. And Jesus answered and said unto him, ______________ art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my ____________ which is in heaven.
The Muslim considers it BLASPHEMY
to SAY that JESUS is GOD ALMIGHTY.
Note: The Quran says in Surah 5:17, In BLASPHEMY indeed are those that say that ALLAH is CHRIST the son of Mary for to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth. Allah is not the true God of the Bible, but the Quran clearly denies that Jesus is God Almighty.
2. Matthew 1:21 says, And she shall bring forth a ______, and thou shalt call his name __________: for he shall ________ his people from their sins.
3. Matthew 1:23 says, Behold, a ____________ shall be with child, and shall bring forth a ______, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, ______ with us.
4. Isaiah 9:6 says, For unto us a child is born, unto us a ______ is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The ____________ ______, The everlasting ____________, The Prince of Peace.
Jesus, the Son of God, is here called
the MIGHTY GOD, the everlasting Father.
5. Revelation 1:5-8 says, And from __________ ____________, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the ________, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the ________________.
Note: The Bible clearly says that Jesus Christ is the Lord, the Almighty God. The Quran says that is blasphemy: Surah 5:72, They do BLASPHEME who say Allah is Christ the son of Mary. Whoever joins other gods with Allah Allah will forbid him the Garden, and the FIRE WILL BE HIS ABODE.
As we will see in this study, Allah is clearly not the Almighty God
of the Bible, but the point here is that the Muslim is taught that Jesus
is not God Almighty which is a clear contradiction to the Bible.
6. Hebrews 1:8 shows us that God the Father Himself calls Jesus God. But unto the ______ he saith, Thy throne, O ______, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
The Muslim considers Jesus to be no more
than a messenger or a prophet.
Note: The Quran, in Surah 5:75 says, CHRIST, the son of Mary, WAS NO MORE THAN A MESSENGER; many were the messengers that passed away before him. The Quran makes it clear that they consider Jesus to be no more than a messenger, and that there were MANY MESSENGERS before Him that passed away.
The Muslim considers it BLASPHEMY
to SAY that GOD is a TRINITY.
The Quran says in Surah 5:73, They do BLASPHEME who say: ALLAH IS ONE OF THREE IN A TRINITY. But the Bible is clear that God is a Trinity (three Persons in One).
7. 1 John 5:7 says, For there are __________ that bear record in heaven, the ____________, the ________, and the ________ __________: and these three are ______.
The Muslim considers it BLASPHEMY
to SAY that JESUS is the SON of GOD.
Note: The Quran says in Surah 6:101, How can He have a son when he hath no consort? The word consort means, A companion; a partner; an intimate associate; a wife or husband (Noah Websters 1828 Dictionary). The Bible makes is clear that God does NOT have a WIFE. That is why the Holy Ghost miraculously came upon the virgin Mary.
8. Luke 1:30-35 says, And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt ________________ in thy ________, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the ______ of the ______________: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. Then said Mary unto the angel, ______ shall this be, seeing I know not a ______? And the angel answered and said unto her, The ________ __________ shall come upon thee, and the power of the ______________ shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the ______ of ______.
This conception was not the result of a physical relationship between God
and Mary, but of a miracle taking place in the womb of Mary. If it was the result
of a physical relationship, then Mary would no longer be a virgin. But the Bible is clear
that not only would a virgin conceive, but also that a virgin would be with child.
The only way that a virgin could be with child, is if the conception
had been the result of a non-physical relationship miracle.
9. Isaiah 7:14 says, Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a ____________ shall ________________, and ________ a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Note: The virgin would not just conceive a son, but the virgin would also bear the son. In a regular physical relationship, that would be impossible the virgin would no longer be a virgin after conception, so a virgin could never be with child. But Mary was still a virgin when she gave birth to the Lord Jesus Christ, proving that she had had no physical relationship with anyone.
10. Matthew 1:23 says, Behold, a ____________ shall be ________ __________, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Note: So the Muslim rejects the idea that God has a Son, but the Bible is clear that Jesus is indeed the Son of God. Remember what Jesus said when Peter called Him the Son of God?
11. Matthew 16:16-17 says ...Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the ____________, the ______ of the living ______. And Jesus answered and said unto him, ______________ art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not ________________ it unto thee, but my ____________ which is in heaven.
Jesus blessed Peter for saying that, He (Jesus),
was the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Note: The Quran says that it is blasphemy to say such a thing (that Jesus is the Son of God). The Bible says that it is a truth revealed to people from God the Father in heaven. How can people say that the Quran does not contradict the Bible it clearly does. How can people say that Allah is the God of the Bible he clearly is not.
Jesus blessed Peter for his confession, but the Muslim curses
people for saying that Jesus is the Son of God. The Quran says
in Surah 9:30, ...the Christians call Christ the Son of God. That is a saying
from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the Unbelievers of old used to say.
ALLAHS CURSE BE ON THEM: how they are deluded away from the Truth!
The Bible is clear in Matthew 16:15-17, He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the SON of the LIVING GOD. And Jesus answered and said unto him, BLESSED ART THOU, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
The Muslim says that JESUS
should NOT be WORSHIPPED.
Note: The Quran says in Surah 9:31, And (they take as their Lord) Christ, the son of Mary; Yet they were commanded to worship but One God: there is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him: (far is he) from having the partners they associate (with Him). But the Bible makes it clear that Jesus is the Son of God God in the flesh, and is worthy of worship.
12. Matthew 2:1-2 says, Now when __________ was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came ________ men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to ______________ him.
13. Hebrews 1:1-8 says, ______, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his ______, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my ______, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a ______? And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God ______________ him. And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. But unto the ______ he saith, Thy throne, O ______, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Note: What we see in this passage is that God the Father is saying that Jesus is His Son, and that His Son is worthy of worship. God the Father then calls His own Son, God.
How can anyone honestly say that Christians and Muslims worship
the same God? The Muslims say that their god, Allah, does NOT
have a SON. Does the God of the Bible have a Son?
14. John 3:16-18 says, For ______ so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten ______, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For ______ sent not his ______ into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten ______ of ______.
Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Chapter 5 Final Test Liberty Bible Course Directory