D. Some verses are changed and corrupted in the NIV. (continued)
#26 Revelation 6:16-17
KJV (King James Version) - And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of ______ wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
NIV (New International Version) - They called to the mountains and the rocks, Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of THEIR wrath has come, and who can stand?
1. We see from Revelation 4:10-11, that this one is Jesus: The four and twenty elders fall down before him that ______ on the ____________, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, Thou art worthy, O ________, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
So the NIV, then, is trying to take Jesus off from the throne. By changing his, which is singular,
to their, which is plural, they are separating the person on the throne as a distinct person from the Lamb.
2. It is, indeed, the wrath of the Lamb that will be poured out upon this world. John 5:22 affirms, For the ____________ judgeth ____ man, but hath committed ______ ________________ unto the ______.
Note: Once again we see that the NIV translators consistently change verses to make it harder to show that Jesus is truly God. Now you can see one reason why many churches that use the NIV do not have door-to-door witnessing. It is pretty hard to face the cults out there, when your bible agrees with them in many verses!
#27 Revelation 7:14-15
KJV (King James Version) - And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall __________ among them.
NIV (New International Version) - I answered, Sir, you know. And he said, These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore, they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will SPREAD HIS TENT over them.
Note: Dwelling among some people, or spreading your tent over them is not necessarily the same thing at all. You may allow me to stay on your property, if I have a need, but that does not necessarily mean that you are going to be there, yourself, dwelling with me. You may have a vacation home somewhere, or a vacant condo places where I would have a roof over my head but not a place where you would be dwelling with me. The whole point of this passage is to bring comfort because the Lord is with us. Dwelling with someone, and spreading a tent over someone, is not the same meaning at all. It can be pretty lonely in a tent!
1. Exodus 3:10-12 teaches us that our comfort, when we are facing a difficult time, is that the Lord is with us. Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt. And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt? And he said, Certainly ___ will be ________ thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.
2. Haggai 2:3-4 says, Who is left among you that saw this house in her first glory? and how do ye see it now? is it not in your eyes in comparison of it as nothing? Yet now be ____________, O ____________________, saith the LORD; and be ____________, O ____________, son of Josedech, the high priest; and be ____________, all ye people of the land, saith the LORD, and work: for ___ am ________ you, saith the LORD of hosts.
3. Matthew 28:18-20 says, And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. ____ ye therefore, and __________ all nations, __________________ them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: ________________ them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, ___ am ________ you __________, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
#28 Hebrews 1:7
KJV (King James Version) - And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels ______________, and his ministers a flame of fire.
NIV (New International Version) - In speaking of the angels he says, He makes his angels winds, his servants flames of fire.
Note: According to the NIV, are angels real beings, or are they just a part of nature part of the wind? Some groups believe that departed souls become a part of nature the trees, the wind, the sky, etc. What that does is cause people to worship nature. Angels are not a part of nature they are real, living beings.
1. Hebrews 1:13-14 says, But to which of the ____________ said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? Are they not all ministering ______________, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
2. Psalms 103:20-21 says,
Bless the LORD, ye his ____________, that __________ in ________________, that do
his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word. Bless ye the LORD, all ye his
hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.
#29 Luke 4:38-44
KJV (King James Version) - And he arose out of the synagogue, and entered into Simon's house. And Simon's wife's mother was taken with a great fever; and they besought him for her. And he stood over her, and rebuked the fever; and it left her: and immediately she arose and ministered unto them. Now when the sun was setting, all they that had any sick with divers diseases brought them unto him; and he laid his hands on every one of them, and healed them. And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ. And when it was day, he departed and went into a desert place: and the people sought him, and came unto him, and stayed him, that he should not depart from them. And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent. And he preached in the synagogues of ______________.
NIV (New International Version) - Jesus left the synagogue and went to the home of Simon. Now Simons mother-in-law was suffering from a high fever, and they asked Jesus to help her. So he bent over her and rebuked the fever, and it left her. She got up at once and began to wait on them. When the sun was setting, the people brought to Jesus all who had various kinds of sickness, and laying his hands on each one, he healed them. Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting, You are the Son of God! But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew he was the Christ. At daybreak Jesus went out to a solitary place. The people were looking for him and when they came to where he was, they tried to keep him from leaving them. But he said, I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent. And he kept on preaching in the synagogues of Judea.
Note: The KJV says that Jesus preached in the synagogues of Galilee after He healed Peters mother-in-law. The NIV says that He preached in the synagogues of Judea. If you will look on a map, that is quite a difference. Galilee is way up by the Sea of Galilee, and Judea is way down by the Dead Sea. One of the translations is wrong. The KJV is right, because Peters house was in Galilee not Judea.
1. Mark 1:28-39 says, And immediately his fame spread abroad throughout all the ____________ round about ______________. And forthwith, when they were come out of the synagogue, they entered into the house of Simon and Andrew, with James and John. But ______________ ____________ ____________ lay sick of a __________, and anon they tell him of her. And he came and took her by the hand, and lifted her up; and immediately the fever left her, and she ministered unto them. And at even, when the sun did set, they brought unto him all that were diseased, and them that were possessed with devils. And all the city was gathered together at the door. And he healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils; and suffered not the devils to speak, because they knew him. And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed. And Simon and they that were with him followed after him. And when they had found him, they said unto him, All men seek for thee. And he said unto them, Let us go into the next towns, that I may ____________ there also: for therefore came I forth. And he preached in their ____________________ throughout all ______________, and cast out devils.
Note: The NIV contradicts itself between Luke 4:38-44 and Mark 1:28-39. They said Judea in Luke 4:44, but Galilee in Mark 1:39. The NIV says in Mark 1:28-39, News about him spread quickly over the whole region of Galilee. As soon as they left the synagogue, they went with James and John to the home of Simon and Andrew. Simons mother-in-law was in bed with a fever, and they told Jesus about her. So he went to her, took her hand and helped her up. The fever left her and she began to wait on them. That evening after sunset the people brought to Jesus all the sick and demon-possessed. The whole town gathered at the door, and Jesus healed many who had various diseases. He also drove out many demons, but he would not let the demons speak because they knew who he was. Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. Simon and his companions went to look for him, and when they found him, they exclaimed: Everyone is looking for you! Jesus replied, Let us go somewhere elseto the nearby villagesso I can preach there also. That is why I have come. So he traveled throughout Galilee, preaching in their synagogues and driving out demons.
The NIV contradicts itself from Luke 4:44 to Mark 1:39.
This was not updating Old English, this change was substituting one region for another.
You do not have to be a scholar in manuscript evidence to discern which translation of the Bible
is the right one. Just study them carefully, and remember the following verses of Scripture.
2. Proverbs 30:5-6 says, __________ ________ of God is ________: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. ______ thou ______ unto his __________, lest he reprove thee, and thou be __________ a ________.
The NIV translators both removed and added to Gods Word, and we see that the above Scripture
has been fulfilled they are found to be liars. They have printed that which is not true.
They have created contradictions even within their own translation.
Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Final Test Liberty Bible Course Directory