Examining The New King James Version
When you are finished with this test, please return the entire booklet back to us for grading. When it is graded, this booklet will be returned to you, along with the next booklet. May God richly guide you and give you wisdom from your study of this subject!
1. Proverbs 18:8 says,
"The words of a talebearer are as ____________, and they go down into the innermost
parts of the belly." The NKJV changed that to "tasty trifles." Do you find
it sweet and enjoyable to hear that someone is spreading rumors about you?
2. Ephesians 5:1 says, "Be ye therefore __________________ of God, as dear children." The NKJV says to be "imitators." Even the lost can sometimes imitate Christians, but that does not save them.
3. The word imitate in our day has the heavy suggestion of just playing a part -- but not necessarily in __________________.
4. Luke 16:23 says, "And in ________ he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom." The NKJV says "in hades."
5. Do you think that little Joe Moore could understand the word hades better than the word hell? Not a chance, because the word hades is not even an English word. It is a __________ word which has been transliterated (brought over into English, sound-for-sound) -- not translated.
6. Acts 17:22 says, "Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too __________________________." The NKJV says, "very religious."
7. The word superstition means, "a belief or practice resulting from __________________, fear of the unknown, trust in magic or chance, or a false conception; a notion maintained despite evidence to the contrary." (Merriam-Webster?s 11th Collegiate Dictionary)
8. Romans 10:11 says, "For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not ____ ______________." The NKJV says, "put to shame."
9. Is the translation of the NKJV true? If you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, will you never be put to shame? No, that is a false statement. Even the Lord Jesus Christ Himself was "put to __________," but He was "not ashamed" of what He was doing on our behalf.
10. 2 Corinthians 10:5 says, "Casting down ________________________, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. The NKJV says, casting down arguments.
11. Does man ever have a problem with arguing? Yes he does. But mans bigger problem has always been his ______________________ (his wicked imagination). God did not destroy man with a flood because of mans constant arguing.
12. Many people say that wrong thoughts are not sin, as long as you do not ______ upon those wrong thoughts. But that is false. Jesus made it clear that wrong thoughts (imaginations) are sin.
13. Colossians 1:13 says, Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath ____________________ us into the kingdom of his dear Son: The NKJV says, conveyed.
14. No one is just conveyed or transferred into Gods kingdom it requires a ____________ a supernatural change that only God can do.
15. Matthew 7:14 says, Because strait is the gate, and ____________ is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. The NKJV says, difficult.
16. Once again, the translators of the NKJV did not stay true to their stated purpose of updating words whose English meaning has changed. By using the word difficult, it gives the __________ idea that salvation can only be won by the strongest people, and that is not true at all.
17. Part of the definition of difficult was hard to understand. That means that the translators of the NKJV have also made another error in their translation, then, because the Bible says that even a __________ can understand how to be saved.
18. Matthew 7:23 says, And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work ________________. The NKJV says, practice lawlessness.
19. Most people do not consider themselves as being lawless. What they do not realize is that they have broken many of Gods Laws. Breaking Gods Laws do not always mean that we have done something bad. Sometimes, breaking Gods Laws mean that we have not done something ________.
20. Romans 5:12 says, Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death ____________ ________ all men, for that all have sinned: The NKJV says, spread to.
21. The KJV makes it very clear that the sin nature is passed down from parent to child. Death does not just spread from having contact with other sinners. You do not catch sin you are __________________ with it.
22. 2 John 10-11 says, If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him ______ __________: For he that biddeth him ______ __________ is partaker of his evil deeds. The NKJV says, he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
23. Giving someone a greeting is not at all the same thing as wishing someone Godspeed. Godspeed means wishing someone a prosperous journey or ______________. (Merriam-Websters 11th Collegiate Dictionary).
24. Matthew 6:34 says, Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient ________ the day is the evil thereof.
25. The NKJV and the NWT are looking at a different day than the KJV. The NKJV and the NWT are looking at the trouble that each day brings. The KJV is looking at the trouble that comes with trying to be sufficient until the day (trying to be sufficient for the rest of your life until the ________ day that you live).
26. Ephesians 5:11 says, And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather ______________ them. The NKJV says, expose them.
27. You could expose someone with a tattoo, without necessarily reproving him. You may see a man with a tattoo and say, Hey, everyone look! This guy has a tattoo! That would be exposing the person, but what have you done to actually reprove him? This would be reproving him. (The word reprove means, to scold or correct, usually gently or with kindly intent (Merriam-Websters 11th Collegiate Dictionary).) Sir, did you know that God tells us not to place __________ upon our bodies? (Leviticus 19:28).
28. Matthew 1:19 says, Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away ______________. The NKJV says, secretly.
29. You can do something privately without doing it secretly. A ______________ wedding is one in which only certain people are invited. But a secret wedding would not even be valid, because there must be witnesses present.
30. Daniel 3:3 says, Then the ______________, the governors, and captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellors, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, were gathered together unto the dedication of the image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up. The NKJV says, satraps.
31. Something is wrong here. Farstad, Cocoris, and the NKJV translators said that the KJV was in need of updating the Old English words whose meaning had changed. So what did they do? They took the KJV and its 17th century words (translated in 1611, about 400 years ago), and replaced one of those words with a 14th century word (one that was used in the 1300s, about ______ years ago).
32. What that is called is deceit. Beware of the NKJV. It is not an update of the KJV it is a ____________________ of Gods Holy Word.
Are you certain that if you died today, you would go to heaven?
1. Do you realize that you have sinned?
(Romans 3:23) "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
(1 John 1:8) "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."
(Ecclesiastes 7:20) "For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."
2. Do you realize the penalty for your sin?
(Romans 6:23) "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
3. Do you realize that if you die in your sin, you will go to hell?
(Psalms 9:17) "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God."
(Proverbs 15:24) "The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath."
(Luke 12:4-5) "And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him."
4. Do you realize that the Lord Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, paid that death penalty for you?
(Matthew 1:21-23) "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."
(John 14:6-7) "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him."
(John 3:16) "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
(Romans 5:8) "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
(1 Peter 3:18) "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit."
(1 Peter 2:24) "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."
5. Do you realize that it is only through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ that you can be saved, and not through any good works of your own?
(1 John 1:7) "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
(1 Peter 1:18-19) "Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot."
(Ephesians 2:8-9) "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
(Titus 3:5-7) "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life."
6. Do you realize that after Jesus died for your sins, He arose victorious from the grave the third day, proving that His sacrifice was sufficient to pay for all of the sins of the whole world?
(1 Corinthians 15:1-4) "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures."
7. Do you realize that to be saved you must repent (you must have the desire to turn from your sin and false beliefs, and have the desire for God to transform your life)?
(Luke 13:3) "I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."
(Acts 3:19) "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord."
(Acts 26:20) "But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance."
(Mark 9:43-48) "And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."
8. Do you realize that after you get saved, God's first command for you is to get baptized and then to live for Him?
(Acts 2:41) "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls."
(Romans 6:1-4) "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life."
(2 Corinthians 5:17) "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
(Titus 3:3-8) "For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men."
(Titus 2:11-14) "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."
(1 Corinthians 6:9-11) "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."
(Galatians 5:19-26) "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another."
(1 Corinthians 11:14-15) "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering."
(Deuteronomy 22:5) "The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God."
(Ephesians 4:22-32) "That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil. Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."
9. Are you ready to now ask the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive you of all your sins, and to save you?
(John 1:12) "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name."
(Romans 10:9-11) "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed."
(Romans 10:13) "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
(1 John 5:13) "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."
ATTENTION: If you die before you make this decision, then you will spend eternity in the torment of hell fire. Turn from your wickedness and sin, and humble yourself before Almighty God right now.
Bow your head right now and confess to God that you are a sinner deserving judgment. Ask the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive you of all your sins, and to save you. Tell Him that you now repent, and ask Him to cleanse your life, and to give you the power to live for Him. Tell Him that you are trusting in His shed blood alone to cleanse you from all your sin. Ask Him to lead you to a good, Bible-preaching church, where you can follow the first command after salvation that of getting baptized and publicly confessing your faith in Him. Ask Him to help you find some good Christian friends to encourage you in the faith and to help you grow.
If you have just asked the Lord Jesus Christ to save you, please copy this into an email with your name, so we can rejoice with you.
________________________________________________ (sign name here)
#BC-E-125 @ 2007 LIBERTY GOSPEL TRACTS
This Bible Study Course may be printed off for personal study, but cannot be printed in quantity
and distributed without prior written permission from Liberty Gospel Tracts.www.libertygospeltracts.com
LIBERTY GOSPEL TRACTS
11845 W CARSON CITY RD
GREENVILLE MI 48838 USA
Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Chapter 5 Final Test Liberty Bible Course Directory