The Christian's Armor
When you are finished with this test, please return the entire booklet back to us for grading. When it is graded, this booklet will be returned to you, along with the next booklet. May God richly guide you and give you wisdom from your study of this subject!
1. When we repent of our
sins and receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, we have three instant
enemies the __________, the __________, and the __________.
2. Matthew 26:41 says, Watch and pray, that ye enter not into ____________________: the spirit indeed is ______________, but the flesh is ________.
3. 1 Peter 5:8, 9 says, Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the __________, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may ____________. Whom resist stedfast in the __________, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
4. Ephesians 6:10 says, Finally, my brethren, be ____________ in the ________, and in the power of his might.
5. There is no way to have the power to live for God, if you are still spiritually dead; that is, if you are not __________.
6. To learn about God, we cannot just sit and daydream. The Bible tells us that we could never ______________ how wonderful the things are which God has prepared for us. We learn about God as we read His Word, the __________, and the Holy Spirit then gives us understanding of it.
7. As you read the Bible, you will learn that your true strength is in __________, and never in your ________.
8. Ephesians 6:11 says, Put on the __________ armour of God, that ye may be able to __________ against the wiles of the devil.
9. We are warned here to put on the whole armor of God. That is important, because enemies look for ________ points in the armor.
10. The word wiles means, tricks intended to ensnare or ______________; skill in outwitting. (Merriam-Websters 11th Collegiate Dictionary)
11. Ephesians 6:12 says, For we wrestle ______ against __________ and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the ____________ of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in ________ places.
12. Ephesians 6:13 says,
"Wherefore take unto you the ____________ armour of God, that ye may be able to
__________________ in the evil day, and having done all, to __________."
13. Ephesians 6:14 says, "Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with ____________."
14. What are the loins? The word loins is defined as "the upper and lower abdominal regions, and the region about the hips." (Merriam-Webster?s 11th Collegiate Dictionary) This is the part of the body that needs protection from ________.
15. Proverbs 15:3 says, "The _________ of the LORD are in __________ place, beholding the ________ and the good."
16. Joseph is a good example of someone whose loins were protected by truth. Genesis 39:7-10 says, "And it came to pass after these things, that his master's ________ cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, ______ with me. But he ______________, and said unto his master's wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand; There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great ____________________, and sin against God?"
17. Verse 10 goes on to show the importance of having your armor on every day. "And it came to pass, as she spake to Joseph ______ by ______, that he hearkened ______ unto her, to lie by her, or to be ________ her."
18. When you know the certainty of judgment for committing immorality, then it will cause the flesh to be ________________ ? not ______________, to commit that sin.
19. Ephesians 6:14 says, "Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the ______________________ of __________________________."
20. Proverbs 4:23 says, "Keep thy __________ with all diligence; for out of it are the ______________ of life."
21. Many issues can arise quickly in a day. What is really in your __________, is going to show in those times.
22. Proverbs 23:7 says, in part, "For as he ________________ in his heart, so ____ he."
23. Ephesians 6:15 says, "And your feet shod with the ______________________ of the ____________ of peace."
24. If you are saved, prepare your feet to take the ____________ to others when you leave the house. It will be armor to keep you from indulging in ______ while you are gone.
25. As you leave the house,
be ready to share the gospel with other people by word of __________, and through the
27. Ephesians 6:16 says, "Above all, taking the shield of __________, wherewith ye shall be able to ____________ all the fiery darts of the wicked."
28. Romans 10:17 says, "So then __________ cometh by hearing, and hearing by the ________ of God."
29. To defeat the tempter, Jesus quoted what was written in the __________.
30. What is necessary to have a fiery dart maintain its fire? ____________. When the oxygen is removed, the fire will be extinguished. Even so, Satan?s temptations are ________, but when the shield of faith comes up, the oxygen of ______________ appetites is cut off.
31. Ephesians 6:17 says, "And take the ____________ of salvation."
32. And what is this helmet that protects our heads? __________________. Without the certain knowledge that you are saved, your mind is going to be filled with doubts and questions, and you are a greater ____________ for temptation to conquer you.
33. Ephesians 6:17 says, "And take the helmet of salvation, and the __________ of the Spirit, which is the ________ of God."
34. Hebrews 4:12 says, "For the ________ of God is quick, and ________________, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the __________."
35. Ephesians 6:18 says, "______________ always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit?"
36. Prayer that is long does not necessarily produce stronger armor. God is not impressed with the __________ of a prayer, but with the __________________ of it.
37. Matthew 6:7, 8 says, "But when ye pray, use not vain ______________________, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their ________ speaking. Be ______ ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him."
38. Ephesians 6:18 says, "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for ______ ____________."
39. Here is a part of your armor that you may not have realized ? Christian friends. That is right. Christian friends ______________ for you is part of your armor.
40. Samuel took it very seriously that he should be praying for Gods people. 1 Samuel 12:23 says, Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should ______ against the Lord in ceasing to ________ for you.
41. Listen to what Jesus said in Luke 22:31, 32, And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, __________ hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have ____________ for thee, that thy faith fail ______: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
42. Please fill in the following blanks:
a. Protection for your loins is __________. It will help you see that fleshly enticements are not worth it, but lead to judgment.
b. Protection for your breast is __________________________. A life dedicated to living righteously is going to guard your heart from seeking after the wrong things.
c. Protection for your feet is the preparation of the ____________ of peace. Your feet will not take you to the wrong places, if you leave the house with the desire to share the gospel with other people that they might be saved.
d. Protection for your general body is __________. This shield is moveable, and can come to the aid of any part of your body that is tempted.
e. Protection for your head is __________________. You need to be assured in your mind that you are saved, and that there really is a purpose for your life, or you might get discouraged and fall into sin.
f. Provision for your weapon is the __________. Jesus used the Bible to defeat Satan when he was tempting Him.
g. Protection for your life is ____________. We are told to pray lest we enter into temptation.
h. Protection for your friends is your ____________. The Bible is clear that our prayers are part of the armor of our fellow Christians.
Are you certain that if you died today, you would go to heaven?
1. Do you realize that you have sinned?
(Romans 3:23) "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
(1 John 1:8) "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."
(Ecclesiastes 7:20) "For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."
2. Do you realize the penalty for your sin?
(Romans 6:23) "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
3. Do you realize that if you die in your sin, you will go to hell?
(Psalms 9:17) "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God."
(Proverbs 15:24) "The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath."
(Luke 12:4-5) "And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him."
4. Do you realize that the Lord Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, paid that death penalty for you?
(Matthew 1:21-23) "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."
(John 14:6-7) "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him."
(John 3:16) "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
(Romans 5:8) "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
(1 Peter 3:18) "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit."
(1 Peter 2:24) "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."
5. Do you realize that it is only through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ that you can be saved, and not through any good works of your own?
(1 John 1:7) "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
(1 Peter 1:18-19) "Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot."
(Ephesians 2:8-9) "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
(Titus 3:5-7) "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life."
6. Do you realize that after Jesus died for your sins, He arose victorious from the grave the third day, proving that His sacrifice was sufficient to pay for all of the sins of the whole world?
(1 Corinthians 15:1-4) "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures."
7. Do you realize that to be saved you must repent (you must have the desire to turn from your sin and false beliefs, and have the desire for God to transform your life)?
(Luke 13:3) "I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."
(Acts 3:19) "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord."
(Acts 26:20) "But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance."
(Mark 9:43-48) "And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."
8. Do you realize that after you get saved, God's first command for you is to get baptized and then to live for Him?
(Acts 2:41) "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls."
(Romans 6:1-4) "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life."
(2 Corinthians 5:17) "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
(Titus 3:3-8) "For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men."
(Titus 2:11-14) "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."
(1 Corinthians 6:9-11) "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."
(Galatians 5:19-26) "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another."
(1 Corinthians 11:14-15) "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering."
(Deuteronomy 22:5) "The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God."
(Ephesians 4:22-32) "That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil. Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."
9. Are you ready to now ask the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive you of all your sins, and to save you?
(John 1:12) "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name."
(Romans 10:9-11) "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed."
(Romans 10:13) "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
(1 John 5:13) "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."
ATTENTION: If you die before you make this decision, then you will spend eternity in the torment of hell fire. Turn from your wickedness and sin, and humble yourself before Almighty God right now.
Bow your head right now and confess to God that you are a sinner deserving judgment. Ask the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive you of all your sins, and to save you. Tell Him that you now repent, and ask Him to cleanse your life, and to give you the power to live for Him. Tell Him that you are trusting in His shed blood alone to cleanse you from all your sin. Ask Him to lead you to a good, Bible-preaching church, where you can follow the first command after salvation that of getting baptized and publicly confessing your faith in Him. Ask Him to help you find some good Christian friends to encourage you in the faith and to help you grow.
If you have just asked the Lord Jesus Christ to save you, please copy this into an email with your name, so we can rejoice with you.
________________________________________________ (sign name here)
#BC-E-123 @ 2005 LIBERTY GOSPEL TRACTS
This Bible Study Course may be printed off for personal study, but cannot be printed in quantity
and distributed without prior written permission from Liberty Gospel Tracts.
LIBERTY GOSPEL TRACTS
11845 W CARSON CITY RD
GREENVILLE MI 48838 USA
Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Chapter 5 Final Test Liberty Bible Course Directory